Saturday, April 6, 2013

What a week!!!

              Well, well, well, I survived this week and I am still in one piece!  I am a teacher and as I have already said I was on Spring Break this week until Wedensday.  We went back to school/work on Thursday.  We have had such long and bad winter here in the Appalachian Mountains so we lost part of our spring break.
             Anyway we ended up staying 1hr and 1/2 later on Thursday b/c we had another winter storm come in before we could let out of school which put me home late and then we had revival at our church.  So needless to say there was no workout for me on Thursday. I did Thursday's WO5 yesterday and WO 6 and Cardio 2 today!  I must say I DO NOT like those Burpees (not sure about spelling)  at ALL!!!!  Well at least all of the Workouts are completed for the week and now I can look forward to my day of rest tomorrow!  I can't wait!  My poor abs are still killing me from Friday's workout! I had two c-sections w/in four years to have my little ones and the site of my incision is hurting really bad. I guess it is just more sensitive or something.  Anyway I will work through it, hopefully the rest day will be just what I need. Not sure if I will change my weigh in day to Sunday or not but I will post results for Week 5 tomorrow or Monday!  Week 6 starts Monday!

 

Below are a few pictures of my little ones from the Easter Holiday!

               This one is from when we went to the mall to see the Easter Bunny! They are so silly!

This one is from Easter Sunday after the Easter Bunny came to see us! They were dressed for Easter Sunrise Service at our church.


 

Thyroid and Cholesterol Update:

         As I have said in previous blogs I had to go back for blood work this week for both my thyroid and cholesterol. My results were just as I suspected my TSH was extremely elevated and my meds had to be increased..  I knew there had to be a reason I was so tired and not losing any weight at all.  This may not help in the weight department but at least I will have more energy to do my workouts soon!  My cholesterol also as I suspected was still elevated which is something I need to get down as soon as possible so I do not have to go on medicine for that as well.  I do NOT like medicine and don't want to medicine for something that I can fix with time and hard work.  I want to live a long and happy life and that will not happen if I don't get those numbers down.  This just gave me more icentive to workout so my next appt. in three months will be much better!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,

    Well done for pushing through and getting your workouts in no matter what!

    I too have C-section scars (3 in 4 years) but i don't feel any pain there, just numbness. Keep an eye on it and if it hurts too bad, get it checked. They tug all sorts of things around in there and you don't want to seriously injure yourself.

    Good luck on lowering your cholesterol, I know you can do it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Vicki! My scar doesn't usually hurt either, but that WO 6 really pulls at those lower abs and I think I just stretched some things around the scar that has not been stretched in quite some time! lol

    ReplyDelete