Saturday, April 13, 2013

Time to catch up!

Hey everyone!

       I haven't wrote anything on here  for a couple o days b/c as usual life has been hectic and to be honest there wasn't a lot to report.  I did WO 5 on Thursday for the last time this go round. (Who knows, I may decide to do this program again.)  For those who may me wondering what program I am talking about it is the Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution 90 day Challenge.  I liked this workout much better this time and felt good about the exercises this time.  I did not do WO 6  yesterday b/c my backside was dragging.  Maybe I just need to make Friday's my rest day! lol. So I did WO 6 today instead and I must say my favorite part of this workout is the statue of liberty exercise. Not sure why I like these but I really do.  My abs are not hurting anymore as a result of this WO which is a plus.  I had all intentions of doing Cardio Two today when we got home from taking my son to the movies to meet a friend and shopping with my daughter for spring/summer clothes, but we brought his friend home for a sleepover so I believe I will wait until tomorrow to do it or I may do another day of Couch 25K.  Not sure yet, just depends on how the day goes.
        Here is a little motivation that I found on My Fitness Pal.

         Speaking of motivation,  I am currently looking for a heart rate monitor that also tells the calories that I burn during a workout b/c I am going up and down in weight and I am getting discouraged.  Obviously I am doing something wrong.  Right now I am using an app that estimates how many calories I burn based on how much I weigh and my height.  Anyway, I really need to get a handle on this.  I think that I also may need to go back to Weight Watchers. I had a lot of success with this program five years ago and lost 25 pounds.  I know I am losing inches and have some NSV (Non scale victories), but I just need for that scale to move.  It is a psychological thing I know and most people are not bothered by this but I am. Anyway, I have been looking at the Fitbit, Body Fit,  various Polar watches, and the Garmin that my husband has (this one may be a bit too expensive for me right now). Any suggestions or success stories that you could share would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!  Have a great Sunday everyone!


       

No comments:

Post a Comment