Saturday, June 1, 2013

And that's a WRAP!!!!

I did it!  I mean I actually completed the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution Program!  I simply can't believe it!  I usually never finish any fitness program that I start, but not this time and I owe it all to my friends at My Fitness Pal and all of the Weightloss Bloggers that I follow who have encouraged me every step of the way.  Most of them will never know how sharing their stories and challenges with weightloss has inspired me to not give up!  Just a recap on the program:  it is a 90 day program 30 minutes a day 6 days a week.  You do two sets of workouts for two weeks at a time and then move on to another set of workouts for another two weeks and so on and so forth until you reach weeks 11 and 12 which are meant to be done for three weeks to make it a complete 90 days. I owe my ability to complete the program to the fact that it is a short workout each day and not the same workouts for too long at a time. I get bored easily with the same workout each day! 

RESULTS for this past week:

Weight: down 2.4lbs this week.

Measurements in waist, belly button, and hips:  down 1 inch

Measurements in waist, belly button, hips, arms, legs, and bust:  down 4.25 inches

 

RESULTS for the whole Body Revolution Program since March 4, 2013:


Weight: down 10.6 lbs (A total of 14.6 from my highest weight this time last year!)

Measurements in waist, belly button, and hips:  down 18.5 inches

Measurements in waist, belly button, hips, arms, legs, and bust: 28.5 inches  (didn't start measuring my arms, legs, and bust until the beginning of Phase 2 so I probably lost more than this but this is what I was able to measure since then.)

BODY Mass Index went from 29.4 to 26.8.  (Definitely a step in the right direction!)

I have went from a size 14 to a very loose 12 and can even fit in some 10's.  I haven't been in a size 10 in at least 3 years! 


WEIGHT WATCHERS:
By April 20th I was just not losing as much weight as I wanted.  I was losing inches but the scale was just not moving that much at all.  So I started Weight Watchers on April 20th and have lost 9 of those 10.6 pounds since then.  I tried tracking calories but like I have said before I don't think I was paying enough attention to the sugar and sodium calories as I should have been.  Weight Watchers takes all of those important things into account for you so you do not have to worry about it.  I like anything that is easy!  I did meet my 5% goal today!  So that was super exciting!

WHAT TO DO NEXT?????


I am not really sure what I am going to start next.  I am a teacher so I am out of school with my kids this summer starting Wednesday.  So I am hoping to have more time to workout.  I am thinking about starting Insanity!  I did it for about 6 weeks last summer but didn't finish it.  I think that doing it during the summer would be easier than trying to do it during the school year.  Just seems like there is never enough time in the afternoons to do it especially when it moves up to an hour in the second month.  Anyway I think I will start Insanity either this week or the next and then go back to Body Revolution in August.  I would also like to start some classess at the gym in the afternoons.  I think there are a couple of spin classes during the week that I used to enjoy taking a few years ago.  Not sure what all I will get into this summer but I am not going to stop my weightloss journey just because I finished one program.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  Good luck in the week ahead and remember to stay determined!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for finishing, it must feel great to have stuck to it until the end. What a great loss aswell, it looks like going back to ww really worked for you. Looking forward to hearing how you do with insanity.

    Vicki x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Vicki! It does feel good to actually complete something. However I can't say that am doing very good this week. We have just got out of school here and I have hit an "I am going to be lazy for a few days" mind set. Now I just need to snap out of it! Maybe I will start Insanity next week.

      Delete