Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 11 Review and Results

Well, Week 11 is in the history books and man are my quads sore! Seriously they have hurt all week.  Tomorrow starts Week 12 of the Jillian Michael's 90 day Total Body Revolution.  I am set to finish on Saturday, June 1st!  I cannot believe that I have actually stuck with a program and did it to fidelity for this long.  I can honestly say that I could not have done it without the support and motivation from people on My Fitness Pal and without being able to read other people's blogs that let me know that I am not the only one on a weightloss journey and that we all struggle but that just makes us human.  I have started sooooo many exercise programs in the past but this one just seems to be something that I can handle.  Don't get me wrong it will kick your butt up one side and down the other and there will be days that you keep asking yourself why am I putting myself through this. But, I think I can push through because I know it is just 30 minutes and I just need to focus on one circuit at a time which makes the time go by so much faster. The biggest factor that makes it doable for me is that you only do a set of workouts for two weeks and then you move on to another set for another two weeks and so on and so forth.  (Except for WO 11 and 12 which you do for three weeks to make it a 90 day progam.)  I think  I have a very short attention span especially while working out so not doing the same workout over and over really helps me in this area.  I really just want to hit it hard and get it done as quickly as possible and this program does exactly that!  I am not trying to promote this program in anyway as I am not getting paid to do so, but it worked for this old gal who eleven weeks ago just was not that into working out at all! 

Week 11 Results:
I just can't wait until Wednesday's to post so I will still link up to Weigh In Wednesday's but since I don't really post that much through the week this post should be found quickly with all of my results on it. 

  • Weightloss:     I lost 1.2 pounds this week which is an improvement from last week.  I really should have went back to Weight Watchers on March 4th when I started the Body Revolution Program and I could weigh a lot less right now.  I was trying not to spend any money and just use MFP but I think I was just not paying close enough attention to where my calories were coming from.  And like I have said before, WW just makes it so easy and calculates all of that for me.  You just have to do what works for you.  Anyway that is a total of 5.2 lbs in 4 weeks with Weight Watchers and a total of 6.8 lbs sinch starting Body Revolution and a total of 10.8 lbs from my highest weight!
  • Measurements: I have lost 3/4 inches in my hips, belly button, and waist this week and a total of 1.75 inches in all areas including hips, belly button and waist this week.  This makes for a total of 19.75 inches lost so far!!!! 
  •  
  • Non-Scale Victory: I was a size 14 when I started this journey and a couple of weeks ago I was able to get back into a size 12.  Well today my aunt had a dress that was too short on her that she had just bought.  She asked me if I would like to try it on before she took it back.  She said it was a size 10 and immediately I thought.....oh no there is not way I can wear a size 10.  But I decided to try it on anyway.  YES that is right, I not only got it on but it zipped all the way up too!  Yay!  I feel like wearing it everyday with the tag sticking out the back! Ha, ha!  No just kidding but I do feel really good about that!  It has been a  looooong time since I have seen a size 10! 
I was a little dissapointed about just losing 1.2 lbs this week after I just ate my weekly points and not my activity points for once like I have wanted to do since I started to see if it would make a difference.  But I saw this post on FB last night and it helped me realize that every pound lost is a pound off of my body and that makes me smaller and healthier a little at a time!  Every pound is significant!!!!


The Weekend:
My baby girl had her first dance recital this weekend so we were busy, busy yesterday.  I am going to post some pics below.  Please excuse my sons lack of smiling at times but it is all he can do to sit through what he calls the most boring thing ever.....the dance recital!  lol,   She had a great time and is already excited about next years dance classes starting. I, however am glad for a little break though.

Me and my dancing princess!

After the recital!

My babies!

Hamming it up a bit for the camera!

The best possible smile he can give after the recital! lol

My wonderful hubby and my dancing princess!
One last pic of me and my princess!
 
 
My Progress  with last weeks goals....
 
1. Staying away from my activity points!  I am happy to report that I did not use a single one.  It was hard but I did it!
 
2. Stop drinking sweet tea (My drug of choice!) and drink more water.  Well I did drink less sweet tea.  I had a glass on Tuesday and Thursday!  So still need for improvement here. I did however drink water every day last week just need to drink lots more.
 
3. Workout Every Day.  I did get all of my workouts in this past week but I can't say that I worked out everyday. I had to double up on some again.
 
4. Do not beat myself up for little mistakes.  I tried not to but still need to keep working on this one too!
 
Goals for this week....
 
1. Continue to stay away from activity points!
 
2. Work harder on NOT drinking sweet tea and increase my water intake even more.
 
3. Get all of my workouts in.
 
4. Continue working on not beating myself up for mistakes I make during the week.  One mistake does not need to define my whole day or week!
 
That is all for today!  I hope everyone has a great week and remember to stay determined!

No comments:

Post a Comment