Saturday, July 12, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday & 30 Day Shred Challenge Update

Weigh In Wednesday



Linking up today for Weigh-In Wednesday (even though I know it is Saturday)  but like I always say....better late than never.  This week I weighed in at 157.2 which is up .8 from last week. :( I do have some good news to report though.  I was able to lose inches.  See stats below..

6/30/14 (Before starting the 30 Day Shred Challenge)

Weight: 156.4
High Waist:  31.5
Natural Waist (ie..Belly Button): 34.25
Hips: 38.75
Arms: 10.75
Legs:  22
Chest: 37.75

7/7/14 (First weigh-in after starting the challenge)

Weight: 157.2 (+.8)
High Waist: 31.25  (-.5)
Natural Waist: 33.75 (-.5)
Hips: 38 (-.75)
Legs: 21.5 (-.5)
Arms: 10.75 (-0)
Chest: 36.75 (-1.0)
That is a total loss of 3.25 inches!  I will take it!  I get so discouraged when the scale doesn't move in the direction that I want it to so seeing this much of a loss in inches really helps me to stay motivated.  My realistic side knows that I shouldn't always go only by what the scales say but for some reason when that scales doesn't go down I am just devastated and I think that working out and eating right cannot be working.  I am trying really hard not to do that this time.  My hubby says that I should hide the scale but I am in such a habit of weighing myself every single day.  I am going to try to work on that for the next few weeks.  I really don't think I can just weigh once a week but never say never! Right?

30 Day Shred Challenge Update




Here is a pic of my calendar that believe it or not helps me to want to do my workouts. There is something about being able to put an X on each day that I complete a workout makes me feel accomplished! I am not sure if you can see it or not but I had to throw in some modifications.  I just do not like BFBM so I decided to do T25 Speed 1.0 which is like one of my all time favorite workouts and I actually did this one twice this week!  So again this is really is my adapted version due to an upcoming vacation and I am tweaking it as I go so that it is more enjoyable.  Lets face it, if we don't feel like we are getting what we want out of a workout then we should fix it.  So that is what I plan to do. As long as I am moving and burning those calories I consider it a success!



Progress Picture since being diagnosed with Hashimotos by a new doctor who is knowledgeable about this disease and since starting to deal with the causes of my hypothyroidism instead of just treating the symptoms. I debated putting this on here but I know that there are people out there who are wondering what happens when you become your own advocate for your health and refuse to settle for feeling bad all of the time.  I am not where I need to be, but I am definitely going in the right direction.  I just hope that I can stay motivated. :)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

BECKY








No comments:

Post a Comment