Thursday, July 3, 2014

Here I go again! New Challenge

Hello Blog World,

I really have no excuses as to why I haven't been posting!  My goal is to start posting 2-3 times a week as a minimum.  I have recently joined Skinny Meg's Challenge Group on Facebook and a 30 day Shred Challenge on Facebook as well so hopefully these will keep me motivated. Part of Skinny Meg's challenge is to log my food into My Fitness Pal Daily which is eye opening in and of itself!  I am also giving the IIFIYM (If it fits in your macros) a try.  So far it is still a learning curve.  

Just a little update on myself and why I am so eager to get back to working out daily and truly on my way to a better me.  In the beginning of May, I was officially diagnosed with Hashimotos Disease which is basically where my body attacks my thyroid gland and makes me have hypothyroidism. My doctor said that several things can be a trigger for this disease and gluten is one of them. Actually gluten is the BIG one.  So I was sent home from the doctor with very strict orders to avoid gluten as much as possible and my meds were changed. I found out that I have a severe Vitamin D deficiency and that I am estrogen dominant which meant that my body was not producing any progesterone. So I was given meds for both of those as well and  within a week and a half later, the swelling around my thyroid decreased and is all but gone and my face thinned out some and I was starting to have lots more energy! I should have went to this doctor years ago.  Anyway, I have been working very hard on eliminating gluten from my diet and although I just take it one meal at a time, I am having some success and feeling soooooo much better. 
Weigh In Wednesday
Weigh-in Wednesday  Update!
 At the point that I went to this doctor I weighed 163 pounds and right now I am 156.4 pounds.  I just started working out this week and I have actually gained weight since then but my inches are still decreasing. 

I am currently on Day 4 of the 30 day shred challenge and loving it so far!  I just hope that I can keep it up.  I am working on creating my own calendar for the 30 Day Shred Calendar as I will have to tweek it up a bit due to vacation plans that we have for this month, but I think I can make it work.  I will post a pic when I finish. 

Thanks for reading my update and I am looking forward to sharing my continued weight loss journey with you. (if anyone is actually reading this blog.) And if not, then I will still be writing this mainly because it helps me to get my thoughts out there.  It helps me feel like I need to be accountable for my eating and workouts. 

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment