Sunday, February 16, 2014

Food-A-Holic?!?!?

Could I really be a Food-A-Holic?

Answer:  YES!

Clues that I am a Food-A-Holic? 
  • I constantly think about food!
  • I plan my nights and weekends around food!
  • I eat even when I am not hungry! 
  • I have formed many habits that are surrounded by food!
Foods I love the most.... (I have these food almost every weekend!  I just can't seem to break the cycle.  I do okay through the week but I just negate anything that I did good during the week on the weekend eating this stuff.  I just can't stop!  My biggest bad habbit is SWEET TEA!  I love, love, love it!  Like seriously......I don't need alcohol or anything else to calm me down after a hard day of work.  I just need my sweet tea!  (And yes in case anyone is wondering....I am from the South! haha)

 

 
 
 
I have been sick with a horrible cold and we were snowed in the last part of this week and this weekend so I have all of this stuff and more!  Why? I justify it to myself as I do it by saying that I am too sick to workout so I might as well go ahead and eat what I want. Plus the food will make me feel better! 
 
Why do I do this to myself????  I DON'T KNOW!  All I can think of is that I am truly a FOOD-A-HOLIC!  And I need some serious help! 
 
So let me just say:  Hi, My name is Becky and I am a Food-A-Holic! 
 
A few of the options that I have come up with in my mind are.....
  • I must break my usual habits especially on Saturday and Sunday's  by trying to find healthier options for breakfast especially!  Or maybe trying to do a workout when I would rather go out to eat something that I know I shouldn't be eating.
 
 ANOTHER PROBLEM???
 
I have Hypothyroidism and have had it for 10 years.  6 1/2  of those years I stayed on the same dose and was able to lose weight without a lot of difficulty!  In 2010 my thyroid decided to go absolutely crazy and I gained massive amounts of weight in no time!  It took me a little while to get it back under control and since then it has went out of our control a couple more times as well.  My last lab reports said that my thyroid was hyperactive right now.  I am in the process of finding a new doctor who can really get to the bottom of my problem.  With my thyroid being hyper active right now I should be experiencing weight loss but I am not.  I have read that sometimes your body does not convert thyroid T4 like it should to T3 which is what your cells use.  There can be many reasons that your body doesn't convert but you have to find a doctor who will test for those reasons.  Otherwise you are taking medicine that is not actually going into your cells as needed even though the blood work says that it is.  I am hoping to call tomorrow to get an appointment so that I can get clarification that this could be part of my problem and maybe get it fixed soon.  Please know that I am not blaming all of my weight gain on this problem because I know that what you eat is most of the battle but at this point I feel like I could eat basically nothing and still gain weight.  I think this also makes me feel like there is no point in trying so I should just eat what I want.  Yes, I know this is not a good or healthy way to think about it.  It is like I just can't snap out of these horrible habits I have formed in my life and I just need help!
 
Please feel free to comment any advice that you might have on this subject.  At this point I am never going to lose weight and my workouts are for nothing! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment